Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 4: Feliz Mexicano Independencia!

Hola familia y amigos, feliz Mexicano Independencia!

Well thankfully this week went quite a bit better!! Elder D and Elder H seemed to have solved their differences for the most part so that settled down a lot. Although sometimes Elder H does and says stuff so out there that Elder D and I just look at each other and chuckle. I'm pretty grateful for Elder D. All this is helping me to learn the Christlike attribute of patience which I need to learn anyways so I guess it all works out in the end huh?

Anyways so today is Mexican Independence Day but they start celebrating the night before because thats when the battle/rally began. The cool part was that we got to have a cultural celebration for this event last night with traditional Mexican folk dancers and the traditional Viva speech. It was waay cool! Surprisingly I got some pretty spiritual thoughts out of it which I wasnt expecting! I realized that God loves all of His children so much and that he celebrates in our righteous differences. Which I guess isnt all that profound but that thought hit me pretty hard for some reason. I also realized how much culture and history is contained down here and Mexico. Makes me want to learn more about this country someday. Anyways i included some pictures of the performance last night, theyre not very good but I tried. Viva Mexico!

Another cool thing that happened this week was that I finished the Book of Mormon! It was actually a really cool experience as I knelt down in prayer to act on Moronis promise again. As I prayed for additional strength to my testimony of the Book of Mormon, I got the impression to remember all of the ways reading the Book of Mormon this time through had strengthened me and my testimony and I realized that Heavenly Father had already given me this extra strength, I just needed to recognize it. I really have grown to love the Scriptures out here and I wish I would have studied them more before I came both in Seminary and personally. So whoever wants to serve a mission, my advice is honestly to learn the scriptures and Preach My Gospel more. I regret not doing that more often, because everything you can possibly need to know as a missionary is contained within those books!

Well lecturing and remorse aside, I decided my scripture for my plaque. Alma 57:20-21. Hopefully that fits, if not then just do 20 but preferably both! Which reminds me of something else! Those leather scripture cases you were asking me about? Well it turns out they started to sell them in the MTC store and then you fill out a paper with your name, mission and scripture and whoever makes them customizes it for you so I got one. Pics are incoming. Well I think thats everything that I wanted to update you all on. Basically things are going good down here and I cant believe that I only have two weeks left in this amazing place. Im just working my butt off studying spanish and riding the exercise bike trying to get in shape for Florida!

I hope that things are going well for everyone back home and that church, school and work are going amazing for all of you! I love all of you so much and I work hard everyday so that other families will be able to enjoy this wonderful Gospel that we are so blessed to have in our lives. Keep up the hard work back home and I will do the same down here!
Yo amo ustedes muy mucho.
Hasta proxima semaƱa.
Love
Elder Butterfield
e'rytime











No comments:

Post a Comment