Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 5: Down in the CCM (MTC)

Hola Familia y Amigos!

Well another interesting week down here at the CCM (MTC) to say the least haha. Anyways, well last Wednesday my district got the chance to be ushers\greeters for the new missionaries as our service project; it was awesome! And we get to do it again this week! After that it was a pretty average week until Sunday. Just practicing teaching a lot and learning lots of español. Its funny because earlier I was annoyed that Elder D seemed to have better Spanish than me even though he never studies. Well he still thinks hes better but my studying paid off. My Spanish is much more proper than his and I kind of laugh to myself about it sometimes. He still speaks in infinitives half the time lol. Mine is still bad but its just nice to see the fruits of my labors :) One other funny thing, Ive never been able to roll my tongue for the Spanish r´s in my life. But my teacher told me I need to learn it and after weeks of trying I can finally roll my tongue. I literally had to practice everyday for it lol. But it is definitely evidence of the Gift of Tongues because I know I could not have learned that myself. So it was funny when I could finally do it but Im also super grateful that I can. I was a little worried for awhile.

I spoke to soon about my companions getting along though. Our companionship is in shambles of sorts at this point, but at least there's only a week left.  I just pray that I will have a much more relaxed companionship with my trainer lol. So ya its been a rough stressful week to say the least...I know I'm not perfect either but I try my best to be a peacemaker. It's pretty rough at this point though. That's pretty much been my life for the past three days.

Well the good news is that we got to go to the temple visitors center today!! Unfortunately, the temple here is closed until next June and has been since January... but the visitors center was awesome today! It reminded me of the duty I have to bring the Gospel to families so that they can have the same joy I have in knowing they can have their families for forever! They also had an awesome LDS store there where I picked up my sweet Mexican backpack in the pics :D I definitely can't wait to go to a temple session in Fort Lauderdale at some point.

So anyways its been a bit of a rough week, but I'm surviving. I'm sure it will get better sooner or later. Well that's pretty much it for this week. I hope you enjoy the pics! Hermano Vargas is the short man in the pictures with me. He is my teacher in the mornings and is also the teaching director. He's such a great guy! I want all of you to know that I love you and I'm grateful for your emails! Sorry if I don't get back to you. I just have so little time and lots to say, so if you get left in the dust it's nothing personal. Just shoot me another email please! Hasta proxima semaña!

Love,
Elder Butterfield











No comments:

Post a Comment