Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Week 17: The Diamond in the Rough

Hey hey friends and family!

Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season full of love, peace, happiness and joy:D I'm having an amazing time as always down here in Sunny Florida, really enjoying the lack of snow down here to be honest:) Sorry for those of you that have put with snow... ;)

Well Elder Lamb and I had quite a week this week, we picked up a lot of new investigators and then ended up dropping just about all of them for different reasons. It was a little frustrating to say the least but hey it's not the end of the world. It just means we have to work extra hard to find those people who are ready and willing to listen to the message of the restored Gospel! So I'm good, just ready to find some new people to teach!

After somewhat of a difficult week, Elder Lamb and I were finishing up our harvesting for the day Sunday night and we found our diamond in the rough! We were actually in route for someone else but Elder Lamb was prompted to go knock a door as we were riding our bikes. Well we did and were instantly welcomed into the home of Jackie, Claudia, and Crystal (Jackie's daughter). Turns out they have very active members of the church in their family in Honduras and Jackie wants Crystal to get involved with the Church here and Crystal wants to as well. So we prayed with them, shared He is the Gift, and now Crystal is going to get baptized soon! It was such a miracle to find someone so ready to receive the Gospel at the very end of a tough week in finding. It just goes to show me that if we are diligent than no matter what happens the Lord will bless us with "those diamonds in the rough!" And Crystal should be getting baptized sometime soon!! Super excited for that! Also despite the hardships we also have our awesome investigator Betty! Unfortunately Betty got super sick again (she was actually sick, pretty unbelievable but she's been really sick for three Sundays in a row:/ ) so she wasn't able to come to church, but she has finally begun to feel that this is the direction that God wants her to take so once we can get her to church she should be baptized super soon! So pretty pumped up for the people that we do have!!

Anyways so transfer calls happened last night and I'm staying in Doral for at least 1 more! Which I'm pretty excited about because I know the area and the members pretty well so I think I'm in for an awesome transfer in the Doral ward! I have to admit however that I'm pretty sad to see Elder Lamb go...but also excited to see what the Lord has in store for me with my new companion! It's a bittersweet feeling. But so goes the life of a missionary I guess! Anyways I will pick up my new companion tomorrow at Transfers so you'll have to wait to find out about him until next week. Hopefully you haven't died from supense by next Monday;) Hahahaha :)

What else...oh ya, so one of Elder Lamb's recent converts is going through the temple tonight so I get to go to the temple and do a session! Woohoooo! For those who don't know, we are only allowed to go to the temple when recent converts go to receive their endowments. So it's a pretty big deal when you get to go! It's even crazier that he's going before Elder Lamb finishes his mission! And to make it even more exciting, he baptized him when he was training Elder Park (Tyler Park from Herriman) so Elder Park is coming too! And then he is coming to spend the night with us since transfers are tomorrow. It's pretty crazy but I'm super excited to go and that Elder Lamb is able to go through with one of his recent converts. Pretty amazing right?? Now I just need to get some recent converts who will go through the temple in a year!!

Well I think that's about it for this week. Basically I'm pretty nervous and also excited for transfers tomorrow, and I can't wait to find more people to teach this next week before Christmas! So ya I love all of you and wish you a wonderful Christmas season! Hasta luego mis amigos!
Love,
Elder Butterfield
E'rytime

No comments:

Post a Comment