Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 18: Feliz Navidad!

Hey everyone, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas day full of family, friends, and of course remember the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ as well:)

So I got a new comp last week as all of you know (still in Doral North btw)! His name is.....Elder Swensen! He's from Newport Beach California and is a baller and a surfer! He's a pretty cool guy, and this is also his first time being senior companion, so we're a pretty young companionship! But ya he's pretty cool, just wants to work hard and baptize and that's what I want to do as well so we don't have any problems!

So the good news is that Elder Swensen and I are doing well and enjoying our lovely Latino area of Doral North:) The bad news is that our teaching pool is pretty much completely dead at the moment... :( Elder Lamb and I had a few investigators we had been teaching before he left but then everyone dropped off when Elder Swensen came into the area, not sure what happened but then again God works in mysterious ways and God gives us trials and weaknesses to make us stronger (Ether 12:27)! So I'm not super worried about it even though it is pretty frustrating to be in the finding phase of the work 24/7 right now. I guess I'm just lucky that this is the first time that this has happened! Basically since Elder Swensen got here we have just been working with the members trying to get references as well as Harvesting (specialized door approach for our mission). Last night we harvested this 6 story apartment complex and knocked every single door in there (60 something doors?) and were only able to leave 4 blessings out of those 60 doors. People don't know what they're missing out on I guess :P But so it goes, just another day in the life:) I don't necessarily know how, but as long as Elder Swensen and I continue to try to improve ourselves and give our best efforts then the Lord will bless us with people to teach and baptize one way or another!

Anyways that's pretty much it for our area and what I'm up to, nothing super exciting so far...but I'm sure I'll have good news next week! One miracle that I do want to share from this week was that we had made plans to visit the M family Sunday night but we weren't able to confirm our plans with them. As we rode by their house I was prompted to go over there that instant. I almost didn't listen but fortunately in the end I did! Turns out they had to go to the airport later that night and wouldn't have been home! It was just nice to see a tender mercy of the Lord in helping us to be able to visit that family that we had planned in! So we still were able to see miracles they were just more of tender mercies this week hahaha :)

So ya that's basically all I have for this week, sorry I don't have anything too exciting to share...I should have more next week!

Well I love all of you and I want to give a big thanks to everyone who has sent me packages and letters, I really do appreciate it so much!!!! Once again have a wonderful Christmas time with your friends and families!

Love,
Elder Butterfield
e'rytime

P.S. So you know how BYU is in the Miami bowl today? Well BYU gave out tickets for the youth and YSA people but our ward had extra...and President said that we could go with investigators, so we worked with the youth of our ward to bring some friends to introduce them to us. So we're going to the game today, pretty crazy huh? Don't worry, I'll be cheering for Memphis. :)

FYI:
McKay has gained a significant amount of weight!  He wrote in Paula's email:
I weighed myself last week and I'm at 142 right now. Scary stuff hahaha;)  I've gained 17 lbs from all of this Latin food. Looks like I can gain weight after all XD


No comments:

Post a Comment