Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week 24: TRANSFERRED!!!!

Hola familia y amigos!

So last night was transfer calls to find out if I'm leaving this area or not and it turns out that Elder Butterfield is...............TRANSFERRING!!!!! Pretty crazy huh? I feel pretty weird to be honest. I'm sad to leave this ward after serving here for so long and that I'm leaving Elder Swensen already, but I know it's what the Lord wants so here it goes! I'm pretty excited to see where I go! Also transfers should be crazy tomorrow because we have the 30 new missionaries from Fort Myers as well as 21 new missionaries coming in tomorrow (shout out to my homie Elder Adams, who I will see tomorrow!) So ya transfers are crazy and should be especially crazy tomorrow! Who knows where I'm going! Oh and also Elder Swensen is training this transfer so he is freaking out  a little bit, poor guy! So anyways there's what's up for transfers now for the rest of the week!

Well, last week started off pretty normal, Elder Swensen and I were still trying to find more people to teach Monday and Tuesday, and then we had interviews with President Richardson Wednesday, so that took up a good chunk of Wednesday. Nothing too crazy though. Then Thursday was weekly planning; after that we proselyted as normal though Elder Swensen wasn't feeling the best. Then Friday I woke up to crapping my pants and got the worst flu bug I've ever had! We got "wrecked" as we say down here in the mission. It was awful! I was sick Friday, spent the whole day in bed and could barely move! Not to mention at one point my temperature hit 102. It was ridiculous! Basically from Friday to Monday a bunch of us in the district have been sick so whoever was feeling okay went and worked, and then the sick elders just stayed in the house together.  It was bad and awful!

So ya we weren't even able to proselyte too much this past week which kinda sucked but so it goes sometimes... Thankfully with the help of the mission nurse, Sister Martin, I was able to get feeling better relatively quickly! Seriously though, that was the worst flu I've had yet. I could barely get out of bed on Friday--not cool!

Anyways all the craziness of the week aside, we were at least able to go follow up with Cesar that I talked about last week. Our appointment fell through Wednesday but thankfully we were able to see him Sunday after church and talk to him. He realized that he needed to read the Book of Mormon and recommitted himself to read it! So I think they'll baptize him; even if it takes awhile, he'll get there which is pretty cool:) Other than that though nothing super cool or crazy to report in terms of investigators which isn't fun but it happens sometimes, no point in stressing about it. Just means it's time to work harder!

Well, I think that about sums up my last week here in Hialeah.  Rough way to end it, but I'm excited to go to a new area! I hope everyone has a great week. I love all of you!

Elder Butterfield
e'rytime

No comments:

Post a Comment