Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 31: Six Flat Tires!

So this last week was Spring Break...greetings from South Beach!
Hahahahahahahaha definitely just kidding on that one, but I couldn't resist the chance to make a joke about it :) Seriously though greetings from Sunny Florida, it's getting hot down here!

Anyways so transfers were last Wednesday and my new companion is...Elder Dinkins!!! I even included a picture this time:) He's a pretty cool guy and don't let his short stature fool you either...he can bike faster than I can! Seriously though he's cool and we've been working super hard this last week, though unfortunately we don't have too much to show for our efforts just yet.

Part of that is to blame on bicycles though, this last week I had 6 flat tires! Needless to say I'm really hating being in a bike area at the moment but I'm sure I'll get over it soon enough. What a joke right? Just another part of missionary life that I haven't had the pleasure to experience until this last week... Bike problems are not fun!!!! That's ok though, hopefully with a few bike investments (aka thick bike tubes and tire liners to help avoid flats, as well as some better patches) this hopefully won't be quite so big of a problem! If anyone else has any other advice, please let me know!!!

But uh, bike problems aside it was a decent week. Tuesday night Elder Crockett and I went to visit Rebeca again and we talked about eternal families and temples. She then later told us that her biggest desire is to have her family sealed together in the temple, she's pretty great to say the least:) Now we just have to get the rest of the family in the water! Unfortunately we weren't able to see the family the rest of the week because her husband had to go out of town for a business trip. But Rebeca still came to church and we're going to see them tonight with a member, so don't worry! Things should be happening really soon:)

As for the rest of the week, it was a mix of the aforementioned bike problems and going out to knock doors and talk with everyone that we possibly could. We haven't seen too many fruits of that just yet but we gave it our best and now we just have to keep working hard and trusting in God for the rest. After all, Elder Crockett and I prayed for a family every day last transfer and we got the Polo family, so God will definitely be able to help us out this transfer as well!

But ya that's pretty much all I really have to update on this week. We're just out working hard and trying to avoid bike problems:)

I hope that everyone has a good week!

Love,
Elder Butterfield
e'rytime






No comments:

Post a Comment