Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 57: Awesome Member Referral!!!

Hey Everyone!

Well to be honest this week was a bit of a roller coaster.....lots of highs and lows. So unfortunately we never were able to meet up with Fabian again; he picked up a second job and then just kind of blew us off. He actually responded to our texts, but just to say that he he was busy and wouldn't be able to make it to church. All too typical :/

Tuesday I went on exchanges with the zone leaders up to Stuart and had an interesting exchange. It was cool and all but exchanging into an area just isn't as cool as working in your own area, at least in my opinion! We had a really cool miracle happen Tuesday though. We received a phone call from a member in the Port Saint Lucy Branch a little farther north of us. She basically gave us a golden referral. Her name is Susanna! Susanna has been working with this member friend for years and her friend has been trying to share the Gospel with her all these years, and apparently it's finally time! Did I mention Susanna speaks Spanish? She actually speaks English well but is more comfortable in Spanish. Her husband's name is William and her son's name is Javier. Unfortunately, they haven't sat down with us yet but we're working on that:)

We taught Susanna three times this last week (The Restoration, The Plan of Salvation, and The Gospel of Jesus Christ), and she is amazing! She actually asked us questions, highlighted the pamphlets we left with her, and is reading in the Book of Mormon. She's doing great! She's currently preparing for the 30th of September. (Yes, that's a Wednesday. It's because General Conference is that weekend, so we will be doing a waterside confirmation anyways.)

On another note, Donna and Monty showed up to church yesterday. Not really sure what's going on there still, but they're moving out to New Port Richie, Florida, so we gave them the address of the church there and the bishop's phone number. Hopefully, once she gets away from Monty's roommate that she hates things will take an upward turn. I sure hope so.

So those were some of the ups for the week. Some of the downs? Well I got rebuked by President Richardson for baptizing an unprepared person. That felt really good. Also I'm just kind of burnt out of being a district leader already lol. Some of the sisters are still too scared to try and set their investigators with baptismal dates even after I talked to them, the sister training leaders talked to them, and the zone leaders talked to them about it. And so of course the zone leaders are on my back telling me I need to help them with that, but I just feel like you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink! So anyways I'm just a little frustrated with some of the other missionaries at the moment...guess I need more patience. So ya, just kind of sick of the stresses of missionary life. It just seems like no matter how hard I try or Elder Angulo and I try as a companionship, it's never good enough. But I'm just trying to do my best and keep moving forward. That's all I can do!

Well, love you all and hope you have a great week!

Sincerely,
Elder Butterfield



No comments:

Post a Comment