Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Week 60: A Scare in the Dark

Hey everyone!

Well this last week was a pretty intense one to be honest...So this last Monday right after P Day we were biking home from a lesson the way we usually go on the main road to our apartment. Well we were in the dark spot of the road crossing over a bridge. All of the sudden I heard something fly behind my head from my 9:00 to my 3:00. It freaked me out but I just shook it off at first. Then five seconds later, another one came this time going from my 7:00 to my 2:00. SO FREAKING SCARY. No gunshots or anything, we just knew that someone was shooting projectiles of some sort at us. So at this point we're only a mile away from the apartment which made it all the more scary. But we just prayed really hard, didn't say anything and biked our butts off back to the apartment. Then we call President Richardson who's blown away and tells us to call the cops. Which we do, but it happened near a city boundary, so they were more worried about who's problem it was then actually taking care of it. Then they tell us they'll send an officer over to file the report. He never showed up. Ridiculous right?? So we go over the next day to file the report and they didn't even take us seriously. Like I know they couldn't really do a whole lot, but they could've at least taken the report a little more seriously... oh well. I guess they haven't seen how angry we make some people when we show up on their doorstep...hehehe. 

Anyways the good news is we're going better, but after the incident President told us to go work the nicer parts of the area for awhile. Which unfortunately means that this last week was endlessly knocking on the doors of people with money who "aren't interested" :/

Funnily enough, we were knocking doors in a place called North Palm Beach which has a "no solicitation ordinance" which makes people all the more unreceptive. In fact to the point that someone called the cops on us, who showed up and asked what we were doing. We told them we were sharing prayers with people and messages of Jesus Christ. Turns out that you're only soliciting if you're selling something or asking for donations. Offering free information doesn't count. So Elder Angulo and I had a good laugh about that and kept on knocking doors there:) Some people are just so grumpy and hard-hearted to be honest.

Anyways that pretty much sums up our adventures for the week, seriously just lots of rejections and knocking doors. Also we had interviews with President Richardson on Saturday! He was really impressed with Elder Angulo, perhaps too impressed. More on that later;) Also funnily enough he asked Elder Angulo about my spanish and accent and stuff, and Elder Angulo told him it was great! He said President looked pretty surprised haha! In fact President told me in my interview that a year ago he wrote that my "spanish is ok, trying hard" I guess I've come a long way in a year, kind of cool to look back and see the progress!

Also one last miracle, yesterday for Pros Monday we had to once again go and knock on doors the whole day. But after about 4 hours of nothing in North Palm Beach, I felt prompted to go to an apartment complex I had started to knock but never finished. Well after going there we found three awesome potential investigators, including a Jehovah's witness who was impressed by us and wants to learn more about the Mormons. He's meeting us at a park Thursday! It was great to see how the grace of the Lord is sufficient for everyone after doing everything that we can!

So, I know you've all been waiting for transfer news and yes I purposely waited, but here it is! Elder Butterfield is: "Transfer Training"
Talk about crazy. One son wasn't enough, so now I'm having a second! This is gonna be quite the ride considering I'll have a brand new greenie and I'll have zero knowledge of the area. But hey, it's how Elder Lamb trained me and I turned out alright so it can't be that bad:) Who knows where the heck I'm going! Crazy stuff. In the meantime Elder Angulo is staying and I think taking over the whole Jupiter ward, it sounds like they're closing the sisters' area for now.

Anyways super excited to see what happens at transfers, hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Butterfield
e'rytime

No comments:

Post a Comment