Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Week 95: A Mentally Tough Week . . . and Another Car Accident

Hey Everyone!

Well, I'm going to be honest; this was mentally the toughest week of my entire mission so far. I have no idea why, but I kind of just got overwhelmed by stress. It was really the first time that has ever happened to me. It was weird...but the good news is I got over it and I'm fine now:) Just when you think you've seen all a mission has to throw at you, it throws a Mariano Rivera slider and messes you up!

Oh also, got in a car accident on Thursday with our new 2016 Nissan Altima...whoops. Thing is, someone rear ended me so I'm pretty sure it won't be my fault but the cops didn't assign fault at the accident so we'll see what happens. There were a lot of details that caused it like heavy rain, railroad tracks and a 5 way intersection not to mention this intersection was a detour route that we were taking because the regular route was closed. Throw all that together and I'm just grateful no one was injured! So that's the good news at least!

As for the missionary work side of things, it was definitely a tougher week, but we did manage to start teaching a lady named Tammy from knocking some doors. Tammy actually understands the message of the Restoration which is amazing! She didn't make it to church because she had to babysit but she is planning on next Sunday. Then get this! We were trying to think of a member's home that we could teach her in and Bishop suggested Sister Grinds. Well upon talking to Sister Grinds, we find out that she is Tammy's Godmother! We had no idea; how crazy is that?? Definitely a big miracle and we are excited to see how things pan out!

As for Eileen, she had a great time at girls camp and church again on Sunday! She still has a lot of questions, but little by little she is making progress.

One other cool story I would like to share is that last night we didn't have any teaching appointments at 8:00 pm so we decided to start visiting LA's on the prospective Elders list because if a prospective Elder is reactivated, usually 4 people join/come back to the church with him! Sounds pretty good right? Well on our third name, we find out the member is overseas right now, but his relatives still live there so we invited one of them to church. He said he'd love to come and will bring his family! We're going back to teach them tonight, and it should be pretty awesome!

That's pretty much it for this week, I just can't believe how fast time flies. Gotta make sure I don't get trunky! Hope y'all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Butterfield
e'rytime





McKay's current zone with President Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment