Friday, August 12, 2016

Week 103: This Is It!!!

Hey Everyone!

Well, I made it! I'm not sure who is more surprised at this point, all of you or me?! Just kidding.

It really is pretty hard to believe that my mission is over. It seems like so long ago when I made my first contact in Hialeah and had absolutely no idea what was going on haha! Time really does fly. That said, it's been an amazing ride. It wasn't easy by any means but I can honestly say it was worth every minute. Even though I've still got lots to learn I have definitely learned a lot these past two years!

Anyways enough of that talk, I can talk all about that when I'm actually home! Here's the update for the final week.

Tuesday we had our last district trainings ever. One district of missionaries had quite the performance at the end making jokes about us finishing our mission. We're still friends though.

Wednesday we had our final interviews with President Richardson and we made history as the first companionship to do them together according to President Richardson. Nice. They were good; it was pretty standard stuff. Stay faithful in the church, go to YSA, get married etc. etc. But don't get me wrong, it was definitely all very sound advice that I'm grateful for. RM's need to hear that sort of thing so they don't get thrown down on by the Prophet in Priesthood session;) Later on that night I did a baptismal interview in Jupiter and stopped by Susana's on the way home to say goodbye and even talked to her husband a little bit so that was good!

Thursday was weekly planning and since we were planning for coming home I got my suitcases vacuumed and prepped to have stuff put inside them. But I wasn't trunky or anything lol;)

Friday was a pretty standard day. Saturday was cool though!  So about a week and a half ago we got invited to a breakfast at another church by someone else serving at LAHIA. We decided we may as well go and so we did! It was a little awkward walking in until we saw the guy that invited us over. The breakfast was super good, and they had a little sermon after which was cool. Surprisingly a lot of people knew who we were and thanked us for coming and "reaching across the aisle." Not only that but Burnsey, the guy who invited us, gave us a shout out and told everyone we were "out pounding the streets for Jesus" and then everyone looked at us and cheered us on. It was a pretty neat experience, I'm glad we went!

Sunday was testimony meeting. Unfortunately, no baptism happened, but I remain hopeful that Joshua will be baptized eventually! It was weird saying goodbye to everyone at church, but then again I've always really hated goodbyes.

Then yesterday since it was our last full day proselyting, I went knocking doors in Indiantown, a little town out in the middle of nowhere. It was actually amazing; someone let us in from the rain and we taught him the Restoration. His eyes got so wide, and he couldn't believe he'd never heard about that before! Hopefully a great last seed to plant!

That's pretty much it! I'm grateful for the opportunity I've had to serve my Savior for two years and to learn to serve those around me. It's been a great ride.

Love you all and I will see you soon!

Love,
Elder Butterfield
e'rytime





No comments:

Post a Comment